
One of the biggest blessings of my time in Kenya was the intern team I was leading. All of us were from different parts of the country and came with different backgrounds, issues, families, longings, dreams, and goals. Our one common link was that we were all children of God. Our Father did answer our prayers BIG TIME for unity and love for one another. "A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another." (John 13:34-35). These verses were on our minds a lot.
I am writing this blog from beautiful and fall-like Harrisonburg, Virginia. Jennifer and I drove up here to visit Carly for Labor Day weekend. Carly is the one with the dark hair and blue bag in the front of this picture and Jennifer is in the back partially covered up by Dido's face. Jennifer was planning on coming a couple of weeks ago and presented this idea of me driving up to Columbia, SC to meet her and then driving together to Harrisonburg. From the moment this adventure began we have said over and over what a great idea this was!!
Being here though does remind us of how much we miss the Kenyans and the rest of our team. So I wanted to give a shout out to Steven (Univ of Florida), Jessie (VSU in Georgia), Rachel (Missou), Lesley (youth ministry in AL), Fouk (Belhaven College in Mississippi), Amanda (the other USC), Matthew (Univ in Cairo, Egypt) and our friends in Nairobi!! Kimiso!! (Swahili slang meaning "missing you beyond words")
From l to r in this pic: Fouk, me, Jennifer, Dido, Carly, Rachel, Steven, Lesley, Amanda, Caroline, and Jessie (Matthew left that morning for Ghana so he is not pictured) at the Nairobi Giraffe Centre where we kissed the giraffes and fed them!
2 comments:
ahhhhhhhhhhh I miss you too! Cairo is rough. I've still only met two other Christians and haven't really had a chance to hang out with either of them much. One of them wants to be a doctor in Africa one day and is planning to go to Kenya over winter break. So that's cool.
I hope that you had an awesome weekend. Praying for y'all.
-Matthew
oh, yeah. I had a Fanta Robitussin today. everything came back all at once and it was really weird. Just thought I should tell you that.
-Matthew
Post a Comment