I believe I had my third encounter with a stranger expressing their opinion to me in public about my bumper stickers.
On Monday morning I was driving to class with coffee in hand; sitting at a left turn signal to turn onto I-85 South. In my lane cars can either turn and merge left to get on the highway, or they can merge right and go straight to get onto an access road.
The arrow at the traffic light turned green so I turned the car left and began trying to merge over. While I was doing this I heard a honk but didn't think much of it until I had completed the merging process and heard more honking from a car that had pulled alongside of me. Unconsciously I looked over to see what the honking was about and was amazed to see a woman staring angrily at me with her middle finger up and shaking towards me.
Okay, so I am now on the highway, driving and analyzing my every move through the left turn and merging process, trying to gauge if I had somehow impeded on this woman's driving ability. It then suddenly dawned on me..MY BUMPER STICKERS. I immediately regretted not being able to follow her and try to talk to her about it.
A few miles later I noticed that the SUV in front of me had a Green Bay Packers bumper sticker. This was my ultimate chance to "pay it forward" if you will. But alas, I decided that the middle finger reaction is not too orginial and that's not really my style.
Hopefully the woman I encountered spent some time thinking about what she saw and that the Packers fan will not be too disappointed when Favre doesn't retire and continues to bring the Pack down in the 2006-7 NFL season. Go Vikes!!
4 comments:
You're out of control - or should I say your bumper stickers are out of control. Keep it to a low roar wouldga!?!?
MM
It was fun talking to you about blogs at class. Now I have a new folder in my favorites---BLOGS!
So what does your bumper sticker say?
You commented!! Sweet! I am glad to help. I have three:
1. "Support President Bush and Our Troops"
2. "Republicans for Environmental Protection"
3. "Equal Rights for Unborn Women"
I also have a Minnesota Vikings front license plate.
Wahoo! Go Vikings... Remember you pronounce Brett Favre like it is spelled: Fay - vvreee... that should be a bumper sticker. :)
See you soon at the Wedding... only 31 more days!
Love,
Danielle
Post a Comment