Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Prayer requests for this summer

One of the girls on my team emailed all of us to ask if we had any prayer request so she could be praying for us in preparation for Kenya. I had A LOT of requests but I guess that's not a bad thing. Then I thought, why not put 'em on the blog? Please pray for these things when you think of them. At the bottom I'll also put the names of the team members so you can pray for them by name:

For us:
-that Opal and the Makuku's can find us a good guest house to live in for the whole time we're there (they have an ideal place in mind- hopefully we can get it!)
-to guard against gossip, both our team and the Kenyans.
-that we would connect and relate well to each other and the Kenyans.
-that we would see the people we meet and their lives through God's eyes and not our own.
-that we would serve Imbumi and Martha Makuku and the other church leaders out of humility and grace.
-for discernment in how to relate to the culture.
-for safety, health, and humble attitudes when we need to change our normal American routines in order to stay safe and healthy.

For me:
-discernment and wisdom as to how to lead such great folks
-discernment and wisdom as to how to relate well to the Makuku's and Kenyans.
-for my preparations to move into a new house in a couple of weeks and to finish up this semester's school (I'm in part-time graduate school for counseling).
-that I can train my coworkers well to do my job while I'm gone.
-that my coworkers will know how to help my other missionaries while I'm gone.

The team members:
Jennifer
Steven
Leslee
Lesley
Jessie
Amanda
Rachel
Carly
me

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How fun Jess! Yeah, I'll definitely be praying, esp for cross cultural understanding. Remind me again before you leave!

Ang