Well Jamie and I are all moved now to our wonderful townhouse that is officially OTP but just by a smidge. Everything seemed to go without a hitch and we were very humbled by all of the friends and family that came to help us. I am sure that I am permenantly committing myself to helping move and paint and do whatever else other housework I can for all these people who have been so gracious to help me. But that is ok because I am so grateful!
It's been interesting getting used to living in a new area, even though it's only about 5 miles from where I live now. Because of it's location basically we end up taking the highway to go everywhere. We rarely use side streets. So going places always seems like a major adventure.
It's also interesting sleeping in a new place. Fortunately the community where I live is pretty quiet except for the ducks, which never seem to lack in reasons to make a huge ruckus. It's ok though. I'd rather it be ducks making a ruckus then loud rap or crazy international music, which is what we heard all the time when I lived in my apt.
We really miss our other roommates but all in all the new place has been pretty awesome. Give us a few more days to hide the boxes and you can come over and see it all set up!!
Our home will be officially completed with the arrival of Soxie the cat in the next couple of weeks. We had a visitation with her a few weeks ago with her current family and it went well. So hopefully she will like her new family! She will LOVE to look at the ducks through the window I am sure!
No comments:
Post a Comment