For some reason I have really been struggling this semester with doubts about the program I am pursuing. At first I thought this was really disturbing and abnormal. But fortunately I have two friends who have gone through the graduate school experience and reassure me that not only is this a normal feeling, but that this degree is exactly what I should be pursuing. I can't tell you how encouraging that was. It's very easy to look around at my classmates and wonder if I will really make a good counselor, especially as I am learning about some really crazy mental disorders. Did you know that demon possesion is a mental disorder, only if a person is being possessed against their wishes? So another words, if the person wants to be possessed, it's not necessarily a disorder. Yeah, stuff like that.
I also have one class in which the teacher totally has not met my expectations. This is really hard because it's an important class and I'm paying a boatload of money for this. I've been thinking and praying a lot about this because it's amazing how easy it is to be discontent. By the third class I was dreading even walking up the steps to the school. And I have 13 more weeks of this! I needed to turn it over to the Lord and piper down about it. I know that He has me in this program and this class for a reason. I know I am blessed with skills in which I can use to read the book and comprehend if for myself. I am blessed to have a girl who in my head I call "Herminone" (she knows ALL the answers) in a group project because she will be a big help. It's going to be ok.
No comments:
Post a Comment