One of my favorite things in the world is to find new back ways to get places when I'm driving somewhere. Today I discovered a back way to my new house. My friends Gates and Melissa told me about it this weekend so I tried it out. In typical Atlanta fashion I drove on the same road all the way all the way there yet the name of the road changed three times. As a seasoned Atlanta driver this did not confuse me and I pressed on all the way to my house unscathed.
Upon getting to the house I checked the mail and then went and inspected my new deck which was installed this week. That's the cool part of being involved in a townhouse complex.
The next thing was to bring my large rubbermaid container around the side of the house to the back and put it into my crawl space to store the stuff. I hauled the thing back there and immediately noticed the swarm of ducks which greeted me by my pond front. Relying on my past experiences with ducks and geese that were never pleasant I tried to stay clear of them as I wedged open the door and placed the container inside. While I was struggling with that I heard a huge squaking behind me. I turned around only to see a smaller duck being chased wildly by a larger duck. The larger duck immediately tackled the smaller and started biting it. I was thinking "is this like the survival of the fittest and they're killing off the weak or something?" It was really weird. Then suddenly I realized...they were mating!! Darn it!! And right next to Jeremy's plastic chairs that he let me borrow for the painting party that I needed to get to return to him!
I had no choice, so I approached the ducks, sort of waddling like a duck, going real slow-like. Apparently they weren't getting too busy because luckily for me they flew a few feet away and got some privacy for themselves. So I was able to rescue the chairs and put them in my car for safe keeping. I guess the neighbors I really need to be concerned about are the non-human kind!! And their future generations...
2 comments:
hmmm.... interesting. shortcuts and duck love. that's quite an afternoon.
HA HA HA! That was a great story! Really made me laugh!
Danielle
Post a Comment