I learned an important lesson today in office politics. The question was, what do I do if I break something? Do I tell our HR person? Do I walk away?? Will anyone notice or care? The things you think about when you work inside a 10 x 5 box all day.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: Jessica
Sent: Wednesday, February 22, 2006 1:18 PM
To: Dora
Subject: paper shredders
Dora,
I majorly screwed up the paper shredder. I’m really sorry. There is still some paper stuck in it that I couldn’t get out. If there is something I can do just let me know. Thanks,
Jessica
________________________________________
From: Dora
Sent: Wednesday, February 22, 2006 1:47 PM
To: Jessica
Subject: RE: paper shredders
Thank you for your honesty. J Someone commented to me a few minutes ago how “people” jam the shredder and walks away for another person to fix. No worrries. I appreciate you stepping up and telling on yourself. Your secret is safe with me. J I’ll check it. I usually can un-jam it.
Dora
3 comments:
That is awesome! I have often done things like that around the office - pc load letter... what? Isn't it nice to have those people who speak printer/copier etc.
Danielle
Hilarious...I can't believe that Dora still works there...and that is almost like an excerpt from Office Space...yea...why don't you come in on Saturday.
Just in case you were wondering, the schredder has now been unjammed, and my good name restored.
Post a Comment