I'm not sure if I'll ever get to study this phenomenon in my grad school classes, but I think everyone today was suffering from a severe bout of this, including me. I had such a fantastic Labor Day weekend in Destin, FL with about 16 of us from my church. There's a group that goes every year and rents a condo near Destin over Labor Day weekend. I've never been before mostly because I have an adversion to the beach that I think is a result of growing up around freshwater my whole life. My first prolonged beach exposure took place in June of 1998 when I spend an entire summer in Panama City Beach as a part of a summer ministry training program. Yeah, I learned this weekend that PCB is not the way to gauge what a beach experience should be like. But what really made it so fun was the people I was with. I am so blessed to have the friends I have, that's for sure!!
I also wanted to share something I did before going to Destin that was very un-Jessica like. I purchased some huge sunglasses and am wearing them regularly. They're huge. Like the ones Paris Hilton wears. Jamie and I went to Target the night before I left and I was trying them on as a joke, but I sort of...liked them. I am affectionately calling them my "Paris Hilton's"- not to be confused with calling them my "Twila Paris's" which did happen once. I'll try to post a picture so you can get the full effect.
No comments:
Post a Comment