Tuesday, November 22, 2011

The way the house looks now

Sigh. It's finally started- the beginning of many changes leading up to leaving for Ethiopia.

Yesterday my roommate officially moved out and into her new beautiful townhouse that she closed on a few weeks ago. I've been helping her here and there to get ready and am really excited for her in this journey.

After the movers came yesterday, I sat down and looked around (see pics) and was like "whoa...it's begun and it's for real." She and I have been roommates for almost four years, and in the process she has become one of my closest friends. I've loved coming home and having someone to talk to and go places with spontaneously and yes, carpooling together. It's interesting how two people who seem really different on the outside could become exactly what each other needed to grow and change into how God was making us during this time. We knew that this aspect of our friendship would change. It's just that you can't prepare yourself fully for how you're going to feel once it's there.

I know I will get used to living by myself. But for now, I feel like it's me and Sox and it's mighty quiet 'round here.



1 comment:

Amy Mo said...

O.k. That made me a little teary...