So as you can tell, I haven't been blogging. I just lost a lot of the old love and motivation for doing it, and now EVERYONE seems to have a blog, so I'm having a hard time believing I guess that it's worth doing one about my life. I have no kids, no camera to take pics with (it broke), although I guess I do have very out of the ordinary things happen which I could blog about. The other cog in the wheel so to speak is that it's hard as a counselor to feel able to blog, because there's so many things I can't blog about and I started to get real paranoid that a client was going to find it.
Of course though now that I've taken a five month hiatus, a ton of blogging ideas are popping into my head. Like the other day I was telling a story about this lady who had a panic attack on the plane I was on recently. She was in the middle seat and the flight attendants and me (who was sitting in the window seat next to her) tried to calm her down. Of course I was trying to use my cognitive-behavioral therapy techniques (which are not finely tuned, by the way) by having her breathe slowly and picture something like a beach, etc that might make her feel more peaceful. Only worked for about ten minutes. As I was telling this story to my roommate I said "yeah I wish I had a blog to write this on because that would have been a good one." She said, "you do."
So anyway, if you have any opinions about whether or not I should keep blogging, please let me know.
16 comments:
Oh I have opinions. KEEP THE BLOG :)
Agreed!
I like the blog, too... I think you should keep it up, but only if you want to!
Ok, just saw the blog via facebook--keep it up girlie and I'll read more! --Leigh Ann C.
I enjoy reading and keeping up with what is going on with you. But I have to admit that I read the blog and feel like I am staying connected. It took you to stop blogging for me to call and talk to you. So part of me says sorry for not calling more and that I will call more. So either way I promise to call more.
Andy
I love your blog. PLEASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE keep it!
To the tune of Jingle Bells:
Keep your blog
Keep your blog
Jess, please keep your blog.
:)
How'd you get Andy to comment on your blog? He doesn't even comment on mine, and he's my brother! If that's not enough motivation for you to keep Revelations going, I don't know what is.
So yeah, I vote to keep it up. :)
My first thought when I saw your post was "Hooray, she's back!" Then I realized you were debating not doing it and I was quite sad. Please, oh please don't stop blogging, we love reading it!
Keep the blog. I've enjoyed reading your updates. I agree with Andy (is that my brother or Simons brother?) I need to call more. See you in a couple weeks for Christmas.
Love,
Aunt Ann
Simon, don't be too jealous, that was my uncle Andy, not commando.
I once hypervenilated on a plane... I wish you had been there. The man next to was nothing even close to a trained counselor... I think he was just very embarrassed for himself, not me. I don't like flying. Please keep the blog!
um yes. keep blogging. your stories are always so interesting and I often find myself jealous of your travels/adventures! ha ha! Can't wait to see you over Christmas!
I definately think there are more pros to keeping the blog than in ditching it. I will stick by my original statement, though. It's pretty much up to you.
Please keep it going! I have missed it while you were on blog hiatus. I don't know if the funniest things happen to you or if you are just really talented in making everything that happens to you sound really funny. Either way I love the ability you have of conveying stories whether they are funny or serious. My blog has been neglected thanks to my addiction to facebook but I hope to freshen it up again soon.
Keep your blog...even I still read it!
Amber McCollum
Post a Comment