Friday, December 12, 2008

8 Things

My cousin Beth tagged me a while back to do one of those get-to-know-you type blog entires, which I guess is like the updated version of those chain emails we used to get all the time that you had to forward to all your friends, change your answers, and re-forward. So I'm going to honor Beth's tag below, but I'm going to change it to include one that I found on my friend Ami's blog that I liked better:

8 Things

8 TV shows I love to watch
1. NCIS
2. Simpsons
3. Seinfeld
4. LOST (I almost forgot, but it's only on now like 3 months out of the year)
5. Stormchasers
6. Fox & Friends
7. 90210 (the new version)
8. Sportscenter

8 Favorite Restaurants
1. Mi Taco
2. Five Guys
3. Surin
4. Brickstore Pub
5. Savage Pizza
6. The Vortex
7. Chinese Hot Pot
8. It should be a restaurant but it's not- Stephen's baked beans and ribs, Rochelle's pot pie

8 Things that Happened Today (oh the interestingness of a life marginally employed!)
1. Asked Sox if she was having a good nap sleeping in her favorite spot on her Mommy's bed.
2. Watched two NCIS reruns.
3. Mailed a box full of fun stuff to my friend Carly in Tanzania.
4. Made pistachio bark.
5. Talked to Nathan, Rochelle, Ami, Dave, and Jamie.
6. Printed off a letter to get my HSA started.
7. Scared the crap out of Rochelle when I called in a breathy, serious tone and said "do you have a minute?" (I was just going to ask her to help me write captions on my blog, oops.)
8. Read more of "The Prodigal God" which is an excellent book.

8 Things I Look Forward To
1. January, when hopefully I'll be working more.
2. Seeing my family over Christmas.
3. Learning what it's like to work in a behavioral health hospital.
4. When my roommate gets home from work.
5. The Christmas season being over.
6. Having a full-time job with benefits someday (hopefully next year).
7. Keeping up working out and eating healthy-ish.
8. Going to Mi Taco tonight.

8 Things On My Wish List
1. Being a full-time missionary one day
2. Having a family of my own
3. A new dishwasher, microwave, and kitchen floor.
4. Going on a mission trip sometime soon.
5. Traveling somewhere new when I turn 30 with Gates and Melissa.
6. A day when there is no more sorrow or pain (heaven, probably, is the closest)
7. Lobbying for more resources for addicts and alcoholics and their families
8. Reform in the Republican party

8 People I Have Tagged, please feel no obligation.
1. Rochelle
2. Jamie
3. Nathan
4. Matthew
5. Danielle
6. Courtney
7. Kate
8. Alli

2 comments:

The Kirkwood Family said...

Hey chica - I got some bummer news today. A very very good friend of ours just told us tonight her mom was diagnosed with AML on December 1st. My heart sank. She just had been telling me about how much trouble she was having bfeeding her new baby boy and so I asked if any stress was going on and she totally broke down and told me her mom has been in the hospital since December 1. She is going to get the prognosis on Monday. So please keep her in your prayers. And any advice you can send my way to help her out would be much appreciated.

Sorry to be a downer. But of anyone to talk to, you would be the best. Love you so very much and can't wait to see you on the 23rd!

Matthew said...

I am going to accept your meme. But I might do as you do and pass it on a little differently...