
I would like to point out that I am very blessed to have good friends. And family. And people that are both friend and family. One of those such people is Rochelle. And how do I know that she is such a blessing to me, you might ask? Because she understands the necessity of passions, especially when it comes to taking advantage of all things coupon related, and opportunities to take down the man.
One of such opportunities came up during the first week of July, when for some reason, Starbucks published a coupon in the sunday AJC (Atlanta Journal-Constitution) good for a free hot or iced regular starbucks coffee to be used once a day from July 1-14. Score!!! I don't get the paper and am not always on the up and up with coupons, so Rochelle who is an expert on both, called and left me two 9-1-1 emergency messages with this news so I could go out and find one. Fortunately Amy Mo's parents get the paper and don't care about Starbucks, so I was able to snag the coupon. It is SO awesome. I've been completely rearranging my days around when I can get a free Starbucks. For me, it's all about sticking it to the man. I think Starbucks is taking over the world. You know, like Wal-Mart and stuff. Now I can take them down by actually trying to use the coupon daily. For Rochelle it's a quest to discover which 600 Starbucks are closing. She always asks all the employees to make sure it's not her Starbucks that's closing (it's probably mine actually, since it's new). Rochelle and I were together last Wed to go to the pool with the kids. Since we had to drive to the pool anyway and we had the kids in the car, of course we had to drive by Starbucks to get our free drink. It was so sweet driving up both of us flashing our two free coupon cards (see inset). Immediately we heard the tired, flat voice of the Starbucks employee say "hot or iced." It's great. Only three more days to go!!
8 comments:
i like your blog and Starbucks coffee too.
Glad to see you blogging again friend! And yes I am jealous of your card....blasted paper. :)
Hooray for blogging and free Starbucks! Way to stick it to the man!
kinda sad I missed out on that coupon. my fav part of this post, however is "(see inset)"
I see Starbucks is pulling out all the stops lately, since their store closures have been all over the news. It's good to see them doing stuff like this, and hopefully things will start looking up for them again.
You're right, by the way. Rochelle is awesome. :)
Hey Jessi,
I'm a coupon junkie myself. It's funny when Jay and I started dating he thought I was such a dork. Cutting my coupons and using buy one get ones for this and that. Until I came home from Cub one day my bill started at $123 only we paid $85....I'm not such a dork anymore. I tryed to pull the whole "So if I'm suck a dork do I get to keep the money I just saved us"...of course he said no.
Anyways, thanks for sharing
Love you, now I want a Large Iced Skinny Vanilla Latte...Alli
Jessica - what's this new job that you are excited about? Congratulations! Give us some details.
So I randomly came across your blog today. It's pretty entertaining. My life is not interesting enough to blog.
Post a Comment