Saturday, July 26, 2008

Recap of the adventures of the ex-vacationer

I was officially on vacation from May 3-July 22. It was incredibly awesome and also sometimes incredibly nerve wracking. I do believe that God created us to stay busy, or work, or do things that are meaningful to us. I also think God gives us opportunities to rest. I tried to do a combination of all of those things. Here's the top 10 list of things I experienced while on vaca 08.

10. Checking the mail right after it arrived.
9. Never having to really worry about rush hour traffic.
8. Going to the bank or grocery store when no one is there.
7. Working out whenever I wanted to and having my pick of treadmills.
6. Reading a book called Shadow Divers, which educated me on the world of deep sea diving and WWII German submarines.
5. Going to the pool. Constantly. With friends, or with myself and the other hispanic people in my neighborhood.
4. Touring the CNN Center with Amy Mo and Christina and pretending to be from other states (this was also the day that I got my confirmation phone call that I had been hired. It was so fun to get that with them there!)
3. Watching the new Batman movie with Gates and Mel at the opening showing at 12:01am!
2. Meeting folks for lunch, especially going to Mi Casa with my fave MTW dudes! And the Monday lunches at Ami's.
1. Mexico. I mean, fo sho!!!!!!!

No comments: