I know that I have been sufficiently immersed into something when I start dreaming about it.
About a month ago I had a dream about Dr. Hanshew's red homework book being passed around in which panic ensued because apparently I did not complete the assignment correctly and I was going to like fail the class or something.
I've also dreampt about CBT techniques, which honestly, is just sad.
Overall though, I am starting to get more of a glimpse of why God called me to start this program full-time. More then ever in the past two years that I've been working through this, I really do experience God's pleasure (as Scott Seaton asked me last night) when I counsel others. It still sounds a bit odd writing that "out loud" here on the blog. Sometimes I think you've got to be crazy yourself to be a counselor. However, when I'm in my element in the practice sessions, and the combination of fear, excitement, empathy, uncertainty, etc runs through you, at the end of the day I am tired, but very happy.
Another thing that's been a neat by product of counseling school is that it causes me to think a lot about truth. The one piece of truth that I probably think about the most is that we have such hope as Christians to be able to spend eternity with the Lord in heaven. On the days that I wonder sometimes how there can be so much suffering in the world, and how I can offer comfort to my friends who are going through hard times not to mention a complete stranger at some point soon, I think about the truth in the Word, like in the verses below. Sorry I think this is turning into a devotional instead of a blog. I guess it's a devoblog.
I also wanted to say that I love my community group. They are so super supportive of me and my counseling school and don't mind me talking about the things I'm learning and praying that I can make it through my classes and homework. It's so totally awesome.
There are others in the category above that do the same and I am grateful to you too even though you don't come to the Seaton's house on Wednesday nights!!
I've also included a picture taken in my backyard from last Tuesday which was when we had an absolutely gorgeous day here in Atlanta. And also, there's a really cute picture of Sox, showing how she spends her days when she's not in the window.
And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, "Now the dwelling of God is with men, and he will live with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away." He who was seated on the throne said, "I am making everything new!" Then he said, "Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true." He said to me: "It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To him who is thirsty I will give to drink without cost from the spring of the water of life. He who overcomes will inherit all this, and I will be his God and he will be my son. ~Revelations 21:3-7
1 comment:
Great post, Jess. It's so awesome to see God using you in a way that you can help others like this. I'm glad you're out there, helping people and making a difference in their lives.
Post a Comment