Thursday, April 05, 2007

Great idea in theory

This week is my friend Amy Mo's spring break, along with the rest of Atlanta schools. Woo-hoo spring break '07!!! That's what we say every time we've talked this week. It's hilarious.

Last week she heard about Q100's radio promotion of Six Flags Ditch Day which allowed anyone who got to Six Flags this morning before 9am to get into the park FOR FREE. We could not pass this up so John and I made plans to meet at Amy's around 6am, thinking that should allow plenty of time to get there in rush hour traffic and wait in potential lines.

Here was the time line of events this morning.

5:30am. My alarm goes off. Start petting Soxie.

5:33am. I stop petting Soxie and get out of bed.

5:50am. I am ready, downstairs, drinking coffee and crunching on my Kroger brand strawberry cereal.

5:52am. I see on the news that I-20 is backed up in both directions because so many people were trying to get to Six Flags. Hmmm...I think. This could be a problem.

5:58am. Start driving to Amy's house.

6:02am. My phone rings. It's Amy. Six Flags had already reached it's fully capacity at 5:52am.

6:23am-7:35am. John, Amy and I instead spend Six Flags ditch day morning at IHOP.

Apparently people had been lining up for this since 3:30am. We were not that hard core. People also were so desperate to get in that since I-20 was a parking lot, some folks were getting out of their cars and trying to walk to the entrance. The radio station starting telling people that they were never going to make it in if they were still on the highway. We never even left the house.

Looks like we'll have to wait and go later with those sweet $5 off coupons from Coke.

But I have a whole extra day now to finish up projects!!! Woo-hoo!! Now that's a spring break. When you're 27 1/2.

3 comments:

Nathan Smith said...

That is one of the craziest things ever, 3:30 am??! It is so not worth that! Glad you have a free day now though.

CP said...

Oh my stars, I am so glad that I stayed in bed!!!!

Anonymous said...

Yay I made the blog! I guess you didn't go back to bed like me? I'm so sad about our Six Flags adventure!! Spring Break '07, woo hoo!