Sunday, March 18, 2012

You guys want to do more?!?!?

Several folks have asked how else they can help support what I'm going to be doing in Ethiopia besides directly giving to my support account now that I'm at 100% of my financial support, which is so humbling to me! So there are some items I will hopefully be purchasing that will add some fun or make life a little easier hopefully to live in East Africa. Here are some ideas if you are interested. The goal for electronic items is to get some that either operate by battery or have dual voltage as much as possible just so that it's easier to use if the power is out for a while. Also, the best place for obtaining and watching shows/movies seems to be ITunes, because you can download what you buy and keep it on your hard drive. I will not be able to watch TV shows or movies online while I am there.

I may add more to this as I think of more things. It's going to be an adventure learning to live in Ethiopia!
  • DVD series of TV shows like Bones, Psych, The Office, 30 Rock, Burn Notice, The Good Wife or Friday Night Lights or something else that's either funny or a good story
  • Spare battery for my computer (MacBook Pro)
  • External Hard Drive for computer
  • Oven Thermometer
  • Double/full sized sheets
  • Dishtowels/oven mit
  • Rags that I can use instead of paper towels
  • ITunes, REI, Amazon, or Target gift cards
  • Crystal Light
  • Cliff bars
  • Powdered Gatorade
  • Extra ink pads for my card making hobby
  • Extra Tylenol and extra-strength Advil
  • Clothespins
  • Travel hair dryer
In addition to these items, I have two teammates who are also still raising financial support. If you're interested in supporting them, please email me and I can get you in touch with them. You can view their websites on my blog list to the right (see Jason & Liz or Michael & Emily).

Also, the ACT project I will be working with can provide their services in part due to their family sponsorship program. Individuals and/or families in the U.S. can support a whole family in this project which will provide such things as school fees, uniforms, clothing, food, medicine, rent, etc. Please see the ACT project website or more information on how to do this. It's $55/month to support a family.

No comments: