My last two documents I needed to apply for my work permit for Ethiopia finally came in the mail yesterday!! I had to send off an original copy of my counseling degree diploma and my counseling license to get authenticated by the State Department & the Ethiopian embassy in Washington, DC. I had no idea what authenticated meant, but here's what they looked like when I got them back:
My diploma looked like it had been through a dishwasher
This letter was attached to each document with a gold string and gold seal
And each was signed by Hillary Rodham Clinton herself! (it wasn't a stamp- so I have to assume she really signed it?!?! I asked Jamie & Nathan and they agreed, so there's that)
I combined these two documents along with an original transcript from counseling school, 12 passport photos, a copy of the picture page from my newly renewed passport which came in the mail the same day as this stuff, my chest x-ray report showing I don't have TB, my blood work, a paper saying I'm in good physical health from my doctor, and a recommendation letter from my former employer, into an envelope and is on it's way to a teammate of mine who is going to bring it all to Ethiopia next week when she goes. Then Teddy, our project manager, will take to the Ethiopian government and hopefully come away with a work permit so I can legally work in Ethiopia and finally buy a plane ticket to leave! Let's pray to that end :)



2 comments:
Wow! Awesome! I always wondered why I needed a chest X-ray before going to work in Japan... I guess it was to make sure I didn't have TB.
Ah! So exciting!
Post a Comment