Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Kate Morgan incident resolved

Back in November I flew to DC one weekend to visit some friends that had moved up there to start a church. The trip was a huge cheer-up for me as I was wading through the first month of despair after losing my job. However, flying there and flying back ended up being a bit of a nightmare. On the way up my Dave Ramsey envelope system wallet was either lost or stolen in the Atlanta airport, including all the cash I had in there. This made me angry on many levels.

On the way home my flight was cancelled, and I was booked on another flight that was set to take off about two hours later. The flight was still delayed though because apparently people were really slow in boarding, which literally, was what the gate agent announced over the intercom. Once we were all safely boarded, the lady sitting next to me started having a panic attack. Me and the flight attendents trying to talk her down, but to no avail. There was a call for a doctor on board to help, and no one came forward. Finally she asked to get off. We were all the way out to the tarmack by this time, waiting in line to take off. So we had to take her back and let her go. It was crazy. We also got delayed big time again once we landed in Atlanta and then I ended up missing my friend Laura D's birthday dinner. In addition (and more relevant to this blog) I ended up leaving the library book ("Breach of Faith-An account about Hurricane Katrina") on the plane.

I realized it that night and tried to call Delta to see if someone picked it up. I had just done this 4 days previous for my envelope system wallet so I was a pro. Unfortunately they could not find it. I also was at the airport again not long after this and I went to lost and found, but they didn't have it. Alas, I called the Dekalb Country library to report it lost.

Now, how much do you think a lost library book costs??

Yuuuuup, it $31.00. Flat rate. For any lost adult library book no matter how bad the book is (that book was not even that good) or in what condition it's in.

I still want to be a patron of the library, so I went there tonight to get a book I had on reserve and to face the music. When I told the dude what happened, he informed me that they also were going to charge me $1.95 in late fees, even though I had called already to report it lost and they told me just to wait and handle it when I came in, which I guess they thought I was going to do immediately. Whatev. I figured I was already making a $31 donation to this fine institution, what's another $1.95. Plus it was 7:56pm and they were about to close and I was wearing my slipper boots for shoes, which I thought at the time was a good idea but once I was in the library, I felt kind of foolish.

Whenever things are lost or stolen on trips, Kate Morgan (a ghost we came across on our Dec 07 trip to California) obviously, has been the one at fault. Christina typically had been the victim, but now I have fallen mercilessly into her clutches of doom.

2 comments:

Christina said...

I am so sorry she is haunting you. You never know when she will show up!

Anonymous said...

Maybe Christina and Kate Morgan are the same person.

Kim