I also got to have dinner with my Aunt Tanya that night, who was in town from Minnesota on business. Lucky for me her company sends her out my way every January for a couple of days, and we almost always have dinner at my (now also her) favorite Atlanta Thai restaurant, Surin, which was so good! She encouraged me to try a chocolate martini that night too, which should have pushed me over the edge after having the pop tarts, but I happily sipped away on my tasty beverage! I'm totally getting one of those again sometime. I love hanging out with her and just catching up and chatting about whatever is going on. It's awesome.
Ethiopia is believed to be the birthplace of one of my most favoritest things: coffee!!
Monday, January 19, 2009
Family Awesomeness
A couple of weeks ago on my day off I drove over to Rochelle's house to hang out with her and the kids for a while and run errands and play. On my way over Rochelle called to let me know that her kids were so excited about me coming over, that they were at the door yelling "Aunt Jessie!! Aunt Jessie." What I heard on the phone was "(excited random sounds)-EEEEEE!!!!!" deep in the background, but it was REALLY cool. Those kids treat me like a superhero and in real life I am way overrated for that moniker! It really warms my heart though. They've also started asking to play "tasty snack" everytime I come over now, which is when I pretend I am hungry for a tasty snack which turns out to be little kids' limbs. So they run around the house and then when they get to where I'm sitting on the couch, I try to catch them and eat them. It's pretty involved. Oh yeah, and last time I was there I also got to have a Hot Fudge Pop Tart and a Smores Pop Tart, both of which tasted sooo amazingly good. It's been a good fifteen years since I had one of those, and wow have they evolved into some tasty goodness. That is my real tasty snack...har har har.
No comments:
Post a Comment