Saturday, January 12, 2008

Off with a bang

Well, I officially started my last semester at PSI this week by attending three days of a five day class for graduating students called Professional Seminar, or "pro sem" as the hip professors called it. Basically, this week's three days were a major cram session for the NCE which is the exam I have to take on April 12 to be an eligible board certified counselor. I'm not completely sure what that means but I know I have to do it. The cram session included a two-hour review session on all eight major sections of the NCE. So we would have two hours of Appraisal, two hours of Research, two hours of Social and Cultural, two hours of Ethics (ok you get the point) with a ten minute breaks in between, and a hour for lunch. Although it was helpful, honestly I wanted to poke my eyes out about a million times. We are armed now with plenty of powerpoint slides and a whole book about how to pass the NCE.

I'm not sure if this is good or bad, but apparently 100% of last years PSI grads passed the NCE. The year before that, only two failed. Also, most students scored in the 90th percentile. I just hope I'm not like the only one not to pass this year. I do get text anxiety somethin' fearce. But Angie swears she loves helping people study, so I think I'm going to take her up on that.

I did get to do something fun with my friend Alison on Friday night. We were in the Ft. Oglethorpe, GA area (outside of Chattanooga where my class was) and we got to have an amazing calzone in Chatt at a place called Lupi's, where you can get them made with whole wheat dough. So tasty. We topped it off with a hot chocolate at Greyfriars and then went and saw Juno, which was for me, the second time seeing it. It's THAT GOOD I promise. And score..the movie in "Ft. O" was only $7.50!! What up holmes that is awesome.

Also, I'd like to give a shot out to my friend Julie who let us stay at her house, and to Shane, the neighbor boy, who we met several times and had to limit him to only one piece of candy per day. I'm glad you didn't think we were breaking into Julie's house, but really, instead just wanted a new friend...and of course.. the candy.

1 comment:

Christina said...

Oh my! Greyfriars and Lupis! Two of my favorite places in up there. And Julie too...that's a fun weekend!