One of my newly discovered work assignments as an assessment counselor has afforded me several new, unexpected opportunities. Because of the nature of the job being that I am needed at my desk throughout most of the day to answer the phone, having time off for lunch and other breaks are always much appreciated. Most of the time I bring my lunch, but the other day one of my coworkers was ranting about a place called White Windmill as an awesome lunch spot that it’s our area. Last week I had the privilege to check it out and it is sooo tasty.
Basically, White Windmill has a Panera essence to it, but with it’s own special twists. The whole place is owned by Koreans, for one, so all of the menu items are written in Korean and English. The menu fare is mostly sandwiches, soups, chips, etc but I find them to be higher quality then Panera. For example, their chicken salad sandwich is out of control good. Also, as you are waiting for your sandwich to be made, they have free samples of their breads and pastries just waiting for you to try out and I have. The atmosphere inside is soo super cute as well. I haven’t really been able to enjoy it that much because I always have to get lunch to go, but it has really neat décor and nice music.
Anyway, check it out if you’re ever near Buford Hwy and Oakliff Rd. It’s about 3 miles east of my house.
The other thing that I have learned while I have been here is Sudoku, which I play occasionally if the phones are really slow. It’s basically the only type of mind-teaser game that I can play without quitting after like the first 30 seconds (crosswords do not do it for me). A couple of weeks ago I taught my coworker, Al, and now he is totally into it. It’s sort of fun seeing an ex-biker dude like totally hunched over, crunching out the numbers. Yesterday he brought me a “surprise” which was my choice of two new Sudoku books. The one I picked ended up being considerably easier then the original book I was using, which makes me feel really awesome and smart. I can complete a puzzle on that one in only 15 minutes with no mistakes. The other one took me about 5 tries before I did a whole puzzle with no mistakes and no cheating by looking at the answers. And it took me 45 minutes. Oh yeah, I keep track. Sudoku also wards off Alzheimer’s, so double score on finding a fun game and also a brain exerciser.
2 comments:
so somewhere in our night of randomness i forgot to tell you that you need to try kenken! it's like sudoku with math. court and i are totally hooked. i'll send you a sample. :) you are super smartyness!
Sudoku is fun, thanks for the suggestion of the new game Angie, I just tried out a simple one and it was pretty hard. Then again, math isn't my strong point, so this is probably good for me!
Post a Comment